This position is housed within the Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Innovation and Improvement Center (EIIC). This is a grant funded 12 month term limited position. Manages and coordinates the activities of numerous, varied and constantly evolving projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within specified time frames. These projects are focused on promoting timely, integrated, and equitable pediatric emergency care both in Texas and on a national level, and specifically addressing disparities in access or actual patient care.
- Manages projects to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives. Willingly takes direction and responds to constructive criticism and actively contributes to process improvement efforts.
- Analyzes project goals, plans schedule of deadlines for project completion, and develops action plan and processes for project completion from inception to evaluation.
- Takes full responsibility for projects. Is a team player and works within a paradigm of willingness to take responsibility for an overall project even when aspects of project success require contribution from other stakeholders.
- Coordinates efforts between various stakeholders; coordinates project activities; assigns tasks and provides guidance to personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of projects.
- Develops, recommends and implements necessary improvements and changes to projects in order to ensure project success.
- Trains co-workers, new employees and others on process improvement methods and completed project deliverable’s.
- Confers with staff to explain project and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of projects.
- May prepare or participate in the preparation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation as required.
- Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is made toward specified program objectives.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning project administration.
- Coordinates meetings, communications and other operations.
- Out of state travel required 2-3 times a year for up to 4 days at a time.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or in a related field. Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or in a related field.
Required: Four years of relevant work experience.
- Preferred: Prior experience working in emergency care, pediatric care,public health, or public policy
- Preferred: Experience with grant writing, manuscript preparation, meeting facilitation, project planning, and using quality improvement methodology in health care.
|Location:||Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX|
|Salary Range:||$60,699 – $69,804|
|Staff Job Category:||Hot Job, Professional/Management, Research – Clinical Trial|