EMS Links: Publications
- 9-1-1 Magazine
- Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Health News Digest
- Journal of Emergency Medical Services
- New England Journal of Medicine Emergency Medicine Watch
- Prehospital Emergency Care
- The Washington Update
(The Washington Update is published twice a month via e-mail for NASEMSO members and partners.)
- Wildland Firefighter Magazine
- Saving Lives in Schools and Sports is an educational supplement published by the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association (SCAA), in conjunction with NASEMSO and NAEMT (National Association of EMTs). The supplement provides examples of the successes achievable with proper preparation and deployment of AEDs, but also the unfortunate tragedies in their absence. Easy-to-understand descriptions of how an AED works and the fundamental principals of an effective public access defibrillation (PAD) program are also addressed. Establishing Emergency Action Plans (EAPs) in schools (and school athletic programs) that include response planning, training in CPR, and deployment of AEDs and providing CPR and AED training to all students will greatly reduce the risk that we and our children will face from sudden cardiac arrest. (May 14, 2010)
- Tourniquet Slack: Pulling Tight is more Important than the Windlass (Next Generation Combat Medic, Apr. 9, 2017).
- Economic Value of Out-of-Hospital Emergency Care: A Structured Literature Review, by E. Brooke Lerner, PhD, Ronald F. Maio, DO, MS, Herbert G. Garrison, MD, MPH, Daniel W. Spaite, MD, and Graham Nichol, MD, Annals of Emergency Medicine, June 2006.