Consistent with both the EMS Agenda for the Future and the EMS Education Agenda for the Future, NASEMSO supports the goal of national accreditation of continuing education activities, and specifically encourages its members to recognize all CECBEMS approved programs as equivalent to state approval.
EMS Education Projects
The National EMS Scope of Practice Model is part of an integrated plan to strengthen the infrastructure of EMS education as proposed in the EMS Education Agenda for the Future and is intended to "define the national levels of EMS providers including their entry-level skills and knowledge."
As of April 2008, a work group of state EMS directors and state EMS training coordinators will develop an “Implementation Strategy/Guide.” It will include identification of barriers, possible solutions and examples of “best practices” pertaining to the implementation of the EMS Education Agenda. In Year 2 (2008), the NASEMSO Training Coordinators Council will provide technical assistance to state EMS offices to facilitate implementation of the EMS Education Agenda by developing a tool kit to promote the Implementation Guide and by developing a roll-out plan.
- Convene Training Coordinators Council to finalize contents list for EMS Education Agenda Implementation Tool Kit (including talking points to brief audiences external and internal to state EMS, and a sample PowerPoint slideshow to advocate implementing of the Education Agenda) initiated in 2007.
- A NASEMSO project manager or the NASEMSO communications-marketing director will write talking points and a PPT.
- Build tool kit on www.nasemso.org.
- Project manager/communications director will draft a roll-out plan, to include such milestones as appearances at three to five gatherings of EMS decision-makers, press releases, e-blasts to appropriate audiences, placement of article in professional publications, and request links to Tool Kit from partner groups.
- Finalize rollout plan.
- Project manager/communications director will produce items as suggested in rollout plan and release them according to the plan.
- Project manager/communications director will seek appearances for NASEMSO representatives on appropriate programs, write article, seek article placement, and seek links.
- (Year 3 activity in 2009 can continue to promote the EMS Education Agenda and use of the Implementation Guide and Tool Kit. It can also include conducting an evaluation of the status of implementation.)
Point of Contact
- Principal Investigator: Dan Manz, email@example.com
- Project Manager: Kathy Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org.