2008 Mid-Year Meeting
The NASEMSO 2008 Mid-Year Meeting
June 24-25, 2008
NASEMSO 2008 Mid-Year Meeting Presentations:
- National EMS Education Standards, by Deb Cason, National Association of EMS Educators.
- Highway Incident and Transportation Systems, by Dia Gainor, Idaho EMS Bureau.
- Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals, by Jennifer Hannah, Team Lead ESAR-VHP.
- Advocates for EMS: Washington Update, by Lisa Meyer, Cornerstone Government Affairs.
- HRSA Office of Rural Health Policy Update, by Heather Demeris, MS, RD, CLC, Associate Director, HRSA ORHP.
- State EMS Systems: A Model and Public Safety Spectrum Trust, by Leslee Stein-Spencer and Kevin McGinnis, NASEMSO Program Directors.
The NASEMSO Mid-Year Meeting purpose is to address emergency medical services and homeland security legislative and regulatory issues, the EMS work force, NASEMSO project updates (pandemic flu, mentor program, air medical task force, intelligent transportation/traffic incident management developments, model trauma plan), the National EMS Education Standards project, and more.
The NASEMSO Mid-Year Meeting is planned for members of NASEMSO and federal officials with a role in emergency medical services.
Hyatt Regency Bethesda | hotel site
One Bethesda Metro Center (7400 Wisconsin Ave),
Bethesda, Maryland, USA 20814
NASEMSO has a block of rooms reserved at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda in Bethesda, Maryland, at the federal per diem rate for the nights of June 23-24, 2008: $201 - single; $226 - double. Any increase or decrease to the federal per diem rate, prior to arrival, will apply.
To reserve accommodations:
- Telephone 301-657-1234 or 800-233-1234, and mention whether you are attending the National Association of State EMS Officials meeting and/or the the EMSC Grantee meeting.
- These rates will be honored until May 24, 2008, or until the National Association of State EMS Officials room block is sold out, whichever occurs first.
- Agenda for organizational meeting of the new EMSC Council (as of 06/23/08)
- Agenda for Data Managers Council meeting (as of 06/23/08)
- Agenda for Training Coordinators Council meeting (as of 05/06/08)
- Agenda for Trauma Managers Council meeting (as of 04/21/08)
- Additional Council meeting agendas will be posted upon receipt.
The Annual Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Grantee Meeting will be held June 25-27, 2008, Hyatt Regency, Bethesda, MD. This meeting is held each year to bring together all program grantees to share ideas and acquire new knowledge. This year, the meeting will focus on the them "And How Are the Children?"
- Details of the EMSC meeting can be found here
- See above for information on accommodations
- Download preliminary EMSC program (as of 04/03/08)
- If your company is interested in becoming a sponsor of the NASEMSO 2008 Mid-Year Meeting, please contact NASEMSO Program Advisor Kathy Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-538-1799, ext. 4, to find out about sponsorship opportunities.
- NASEMSO 2007 Mid-Year Meeting (information and presentations)