NASEMSO 2014 Annual Meeting Documents
Note: The following presentations were supplied by speakers at the NASEMSO 2014 Annual Meeting.
Check back - more presentations will be posted as received!
Sunday, Oct. 5, 2014
Leadership Skills Program
- NASEMSO Resources for State EMS Officials, Paul Patrick (UT), President-Elect
- EMS Issues & Projects of National Significance, Andy Gienapp, WY State EMS Director
- Regulation of Ground and Air EMS Agencies, Jim DeTienne (MT), Kyle Thornton (NM)
- Education, Certification & Licensure of EMS Personnel, Kyle Thornton, NM State EMS Director
- Investigations, Personnel Discipline & Agency Sanctions, Dr. Rick Alcorta, MD State EMS Medical Director
- Federal EMS Agencies & National EMS Resources, Dia Gainor, Executive Director
- Partnerships with State Offices of Rural Health, Tom Nehring (ND)
- Partnerships with State Offices of Highway Safety, Keith Wages (GA)
- Surviving in a Political World: Tips for State EMS Officials, Jay Bradshaw, ME State EMS Director
General Sessions, Wed., Oct. 8, 2014
- EMS Response to Active Shooter/Critical Incidents, Richard Kamin, MD, FACEP, UCONN Health Center EMS Program Director, CT DPH OEMS Medical Director.
- Crisis Standards of Care: A Systems Framework for Catastrophic Disaster Response, Dan Hanfling, MD, Co-Chair, Committee on Guidance for Establishing Standards of Care for Use in Disaster Situations, Inova Health System, Falls Church, VA.
- Crisis Standards of Care: The Ohio EMS Experience, Carol A. Cunningham, M.D., FAAEM, FACEP, State Medical Director, Ohio Department of Public Safety, Division of EMS.
Breakout Sessions, Thurs., Oct. 9, 2014
- Promoting Safety in EMS: What States Can Do, David Bradley (VFIS)
- Prehospital Stroke Systems: Alabama, Sarah Nafziger, MD, FACEP
- Prehospital Stroke Systems: Oklahoma, Tim Cathey, MD
- Will It Be Extinction or Evolution? Darwinian Decisions for EMS in 2014, Scott Bourn, PhD, RN, EMT-P
- Building the Plan with the Crisis Standards of Care (CSC) Toolkit, Dan Hanfling, MD, Co-Chair, Committee on Guidance for Establishing Standards of Care for Use in Disaster Situations, InovaHealth System, Falls Church, Virginia; Carol Jacobson, RN, Director of Public Health Programs, Ohio Hospital Association; and Carol Cunningham, MD, FAAEM, FACEP, State Medical Director, Ohio Department of Public Safety, Division of EMS.
- Data for Non-Data Managers, Joshua Legler, Data Consultant, and Jean C. Speck, Connecticut Data Manager.
- EMS Data Today, Joshua Legler, Data Consultant, and Jean C. Speck, Connecticut Data Manager.
- Project Update: Statewide Implementation of an Evidence-Based Guideline, Dr. Matt Sholl and Dr. Peter Taillac.
General Sessions, Fri., Oct. 10, 2014
- Traffic Incident Management, Carl Merckle, Acting Emergency Operation Coordinator, Ohio Department of Transportation.
- NASEMSO National Model EMS Clinical Guidelines, Carol A. Cunningham, M.D., Co-Principal Investigator; Richard Kamin, M.D., Co-Principal Investigator; Mary Hedges, Program Manager; and Kevin McGinnis, Technical Writer.
- The Next Generation of Amazing NASEMSO Projects, Dia Gainor, NASEMSO Executive Director