NASEMSO 2013 Annual Meeting Documents
Note: The following presentations were supplied by speakers at the NASEMSO 2013 Annual Meeting.
Monday, Sept. 16-17, 2013
- Data Managers Council
- EMS Response Time Standards, Ed Racht, MD, AMR Medicine, Associate Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern School of Medicine, and Lee Turpen, CCEMT-P, Quality Improvement Manager, AMR, Chairman, State of Indiana EMS Commission, Evansville, IN.
- NEMSIS 2012-2013 Progress, Karen Jacobson, BA, NREMT-P, NEMSIS Director
- Medical Directors Council
- Implementation of an Evidence-Based, Standardized Pediatric Prehospital Respiratory Distress Protocol, Manish I. Shah, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Program Director, EMS for Children State Partnership, TX.
- Development of an Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Surveillance Registry, Bryan McNally, MD, MPH, Executive Director CARES, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, GA.
- Trauma Managers Council
- Trauma Managers Council Meeting
- American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma: Program Update, Jane Ball, RN, DrPH, Nels D. Sanddal, PhD, REMT, and Robert J. Winchell, MD, FACS.
- Time-Sensitive Emergency System of Care, Wayne Denny, Idaho Bureau of EMS & Preparedness.
- HITS Committee
- The Development of a Roadway Safety Assessment Tool (RSAT) to Evaluate Infrastructure & EMS Along Motorcoach Travel Routes, Kevin Majka, Alan Blatt, and Marie Flanigan, Center for Transportation Injury Research (CenTIR) at CUBRC, Buffalo, NY.
Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013
- Ambulance Design Standards& Guidelines, Part 1, Jennifer Marshall, National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST).
- Ambulance Design Standards & Guidelines, Part 2, James Green, National Inst. of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013
- Health Reform and EMS: What Are the Innovations Needed to Thrive?
- Key Changes with Health Reform, Mike Williams, President, Abaris Group.
- Health Care Reform and EMS: What Are the Innovations Needed to Survive? Matt Zavadsky, MedStar Mobile Healthcare.
- EMSC Today: Making a Difference for Children:
- Integrating Evidence-Based Pediatric Prehospital Protocols into Practice, Manish I. Shah, MD, Baylor College of Medicine.
- Roadway Safety Assessment Tool, Kevin Majka, Alan Blatt, and Marie Flanigan, Center for Transportation Injury Research (CenTIR) at CUBRC.
- How Michigan Has Addressed Drug Shortages, Robin Shivley, Director, Michigan EMS & Trauma.
- FirstNet: Creating a Nationwide Network for Public Safety, Kevin McGinnis, MPS, Paramedic,
FirstNet Board Member and NASEMSO Communications Technology Advisor.
- NCSL’s State Trauma/EMS Project, Hollie Hendrikson, National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Ambulance & Provider Safety, Joe Schmider (TX) and David Bradley (VFIS).
- Carolinas MED 1 Mobile Emergency Department, Dr. David Callaway and Jason Schwebach.